Skoulikas Bedford Ltd Our Philosophy
Skoulikas Bedford Ltd aims to source the highest quality fine foods world wide.
We work together with our suppliers to ensure the whole production process follows ethical standards for both the work place and the environment.
Ethical Trading Policy
We set ourselves Ethical Trading Standards and ask our suppliers to affirm that their businesses are also built on these ethical criteria.
We have developed a full policy statement outlining how we expect our practice to develop in order to be able to offer strong guarantees to our customers that the products they receive from us have been ethically produced and traded.
- All employment is freely chosen
- All staff are entitled to belong to trade unions and collective bargaining is respected, to the extent permitted by local law
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour is not used
- Living wages are paid
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted
- Working hours are not excessive
- No discrimination is practised
- Regular employment is provided
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practices are allowed
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing or bullying is permitted
- Good environmental stewardship is practiced
Through recycling, sustainable energy and resources we endeavour to minimise our impact on the environment.
The key points of this strategy are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.